Frequently Asked Questions
Answers for our custommers
- Who are the people behind Vilondo?
The Vilondo team is made up of a group of experienced and professional entrepreneurs, web-site developers, marketing specialists and holiday accommodation managers. We’re a team of expatriate and locals with many years experience throughout Europe, Australia and Indonesia. Most importantly... we’re all passionate travellers!
To find out more about the Vilondo team please see our About Us page.
- What does Vilondo do?
Vilondo is more than just an online villa booking service.
Our mission at Vilondo is to provide travellers with as much detailed and practical information on where to stay, sights to see and experience, places to wine and dine, current events and festivities and other local tips and recommendations.
Check out our Blog for an extensive list of tips, reviews, interviews, and much, much more.
- Is Vilondo also the Villa Manager?
No, every villa has an independent Owner, Manager, Managing Agency or a combination of all three.
Vilondo has developed strong relations with these people to ensure our customers receive a consistent, high level of quality accommodation and service standards.
- Why are there different seasonal dates for different villas?
All information displayed on our website is provided by the independent villa Owner, Manager or Managing Agency and seasonal dates will therefore vary from villa to villa. Vilondo uses a sophisticated database to ensure you are quoted the correct rates at all times for your chosen villa.
- Are the rates quoted inclusive of taxes and service charges?
Yes, all rates quoted on our website are inclusive of taxes and service charges.
- Are there any additional charges I will need to pay during my stay?
When you make a booking with Vilondo you pay for your accommodation and the taxes and service charges associated with your accommodation. If you book any other service with Vilondo (e.g. tour, spa package) you pay for the service as detailed in the itinerary and the taxes and service charges associated with the service.
Vilondo will advise you via email of the inclusions for the property and/ or additional services you have chosen prior to processing the deposit required.
- Can I book tours and other services through Vilondo?
Yes, Vilondo has built solid relations with local, reputable tour operators and service providers to ensure we can provide you with competitive rates. Simply let us know what you’re interested in seeing or experiencing and we’ll come back to you with a few options for your consideration.
Not sure what to see or do? Check out our Suggested Itineraries page.
- When will my booking be confirmed?
Your booking is confirmed at the time we receive your deposit. Once received, we will issue you with a Confirmation Letter which will detail the villa and/ or other services booked and the date in which the final balance will be processed.
- How much deposit is required to make a booking? When do I need to pay the balance?
Most properties have implemented the Payment Policy as detailed below. Vilondo will advise you via email of the applicable Payment Policy for the property you have chosen prior to processing the deposit required. For bookings made outside 60 days of your arrival date:
- 50% deposit is required at the time of booking
- The remaining 50% balance is then payable no less than 60 days before your arrival date
- 100% of the total amount is required at the time of booking
- Are my payments processed securely?
Yes, our advanced payment system ensures your payments are processed securely and without additional fees being charged.
- Is my privacy protected?
Yes, Vilondo takes your privacy very seriously.
Please see out Privacy Statement for more information on how we will use your personal information and protect your privacy.
- Can I host a party or function in a Villa?
Parties and functions require prior approval from the independent Owner, Manager or Managing Agency at the time of booking. Please provide us with an outline of the party or function you want to host so a well informed decision can be made by the appropriate person. Special Conditions and a Security Bond are usually imposed when a party or function is approved to ensure the safety of persons attending, the peaceful enjoyment of neighbours, and protection of the property and its furnishings.
- Can I change my booking after it has been confirmed?
Most properties have implemented the Booking Amendment Policy as detailed below. Vilondo will advise you via email of the applicable Booking Amendment Policy for the property you have chosen prior to processing the deposit required.
- Amendments to the dates booked may be made (where possible) at a fee of $50 per amendment.
- A reduction in the amount of nights booked is not covered under this policy, but instead, under the Cancellation Policy.
- A change in the property booked is not covered under this policy, but instead, under the Cancellation Policy.
- What is the Cancellation Policy?
Most properties have implemented the Cancellation Policy as detailed below. Vilondo will advise you via email of the applicable Cancellation Policy for the property you have chosen prior to processing the deposit required. Vilondo recommends all travellers purchase comprehensive travel insurance which covers accommodation cancellations.Cancellations of a booking include, but are not limited to:
- Cancellation of one or more nights of your booking;
- A change to your booking so that none of the dates, once amended, fall within the same dates originally booked;
- A change to the property you initially booked;
- Failure to make the required payments as set out in the Payment Policy;
- Failure to arrive at the property for any reason during the period booked;
- Early departure from the property initiated by you;
- Failure to provide suitable identification (incl. passport or drivers license) on arrival; and
- Eviction from the property due to a breach of Vilondo's Booking Terms and Conditions or the Terms and Conditions of the property booked.
- For cancellations made greater than 60 days before your arrival date, 20% of the total amount paid will be forfeited;
- For cancellations made between 30 and 60 days before your arrival date, 50% of the total amount paid will be forfeited; and
- For cancellations made between 0 and 29 days before your arrival date, 100% of the total amount paid will be forfeited.